Our mission is to be at the forefront in providing and promoting high quality and personalised services in alpine expeditions in Africa.
KG MOUNTAIN EXPEDITIONS is a locally owned company and operated by James Kagambi (KG) a professional mountaineer and an outdoor instructor. We are an adventure travel company that specialises in organising small group treks, tours and expeditions to Mt Kenya, Kilimanjaro, Rwenzoris and other East African alpine areas. Our journeys range from gentle treks with cultural visits, while staying in luxury lodges or hotels, to expeditions exploring remote areas of the east african highlands and plains.
KG Mountain Expeditions offers rewarding wilderness adventures into the far reaches of East Africa. Our guided expeditions let you experience the wild nature in safety and to the fullest, using any combination of mountain climbing, trekking, walking safaris, rock climbing and cultural education trips. We go to very special places that are often little known. Once there, we strike the right balance between exploring, understanding and simply enjoying our surroundings. We travel in small personalized groups, with amazing local crew of guides, porters and other expeditions support crew. We put together a memorable experience that challenges your wild view.
KG Mountain expeditions has outfitted more than 10-film crew among them Discovery Channel and BBC on Mount Kenya.
Why come to us?
- Our guides are locals and highly trained to international standards
- We offer high quality and personalized services
- Safety is our priority
- On safaris vehicles are fitted with HF radios for communication in case there is a change of plans and on the mountain the guides carry with them VHF radios.
- We promote eco-tourism
- We do tailor made trips for individuals and groups. Tell us your interests and time frame and we will advice.
- We are flexible; we do not mix different groups together unless on request.
- We do not subcontract our trips.We do them ourselves.
- What s more! If you book for a safari after a mountain hike your guide on the mountain will be with you through safari and you will be offered a discount.
- All the foods served on our safaris and mountain climbs/treks are sourced from the small scale farmers around Mount Kenya.